SAMM is not a training provider but can advise and help make connections!
Training is essential for safe sailing and SAMM supports Members undertaking external training to improve their skills. Sometimes, basic sessions can be held at CTD. Arrangements can also made for groups of people who wish to sit the examination for the basic Spanish sailing Titulo qualification. It is the Certificate of Aptitude issued by the Sailing Federation of Murcia. Two groups have successfully attained the Titulo so far and received their certificates and credit-size passes. Other Spanish sailing qualifications that can be taken are listed below.
OTHER SAILING QUALIFICATIONS
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS CAN ONLY BE TAKEN IN SPANISH AND THROUGH THE SPANISH SAILING FEDERATION WHICH IS THE SPANISH EQUIVALENT OF THE RYA.
- The “Titulo” is required for – Sailboats & powerboats up to 6 metres in length with an engine up to 40 hp. Can sail only in areas designated by the Capitan de Maritimo. Always check as there are many different classes and limits to specific craft.
- Patron de Navigacion Basico – Sailboats up to 8 metres in length with an up to 40hp engine. Can sail up to 4 miles from shore
- Patron de Embarcaciones de Recreo (Pleasure boats) – Sailboats up to 12 metres in length. Can sail up to 12 miles from the coast and the Archipelagos of the Balearics and Canaries
- Patron de Yate – Up to 20 metres in length.
Can sail up to 60 miles from the coast
- Capitan de Yate – No limit on length or zone. It is understood that RYA qualifications and zone limits are recognised in Spain if your qualification is shown with a passport.
More information can be found at http://costacalida.angloinfo.com/information/61/sailing.asp
IF you have a sailing qualification accredited as an ICC, this can be recognised by the Spanish Port Authority in Cartagena by taking it to the Port Office for accreditation and the issue of a Titulo card, that shows your grade of qualification. This is required to be recognised in law by the Spanish Authorities if you are sailing specific classes of boat. The level of ICC and the grade of Titulo should match or exceed the class of boat you are sailing.
Please click this link(Spanish Form for Qualifications Transfer) for the Spanish Form to apply on.